Schedule "E" Specifications (Phase 1) - Download PDF
Superstructure and Building Shell
- Building to meet Commercial Power Smart design standards which is 25% more efficient than a building constructed to the minimum MNECB 1997 requirements. The Model National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings (MNECB 1997) is the minimum guideline for the design and construction of all buildings in Canada.
- Pre-cast concrete pile foundation.
- Parking garage lower level to have concrete walls, ramp and floor.
- Concrete slab between parking and main floor level.
- Wood frame building structure from main floor to roof.
- Engineered floor joists for 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors.
- Gypcrete floor underlayment on 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors.
- Sloped truss roof.
- Minimum of R-20 insulation for exterior walls.
- Wood framed balconies with a vinyl deck membrane. Underside of balcony to be covered with a perforated soffit to provide ventilation.
- Weather resistant building wrap system.
- Wood stairs and landings with steel rails in stairways.
- Coloured fibre cement siding and stucco with brick veneer on columns with limestone caps.
- Aluminium railings with pickets on balconies and at building entrance areas.
- Six foot high aluminium framed privacy screen with frosted glass between suite balconies.
- Triple pane vinyl windows with argon gas fill and low-E coating.
- Balcony doors are triple glazed with argon gas fill, low-E coating, and exterior metal cladding.
- 3-season balcony enclosures are not permitted on this building.
- 2 passenger elevators with emergency call feature located at the main entry.
- Protection pads for elevators are provided.
- Walls between suites are constructed of a double wood stud wall, sheathing, and a layer of insulation and drywall on each side (STC 57).
- Floors are constructed of engineered floor joists with gypcrete floor topping, mineral wool insulation between floors, furring channels, and double layer drywall ceilings (STC 65 with cushioned vinyl flooring).
- Decora light switches throughout suites.
- Designer light fixture package.
- Fluorescent under cabinet lighting available as an option.
- Pre-wired Cable TV and Telephone available for MTS and Shaw. Combination Phone/TV jacks located in each bedroom, den and Living room.
- Common area light fixtures to meet Power Smart requirements.
- Central building exhaust and make-up air with heat recovery system for common areas, excluding parkade and electrical rooms.
- Open loop geothermal system for supplemental heating and cooling of common area make-up air.
- Heated underground parking with carbon monoxide sensors.
- Pressurized and heated/air conditioned corridors. Individual heating and cooling units in each suite.
- Bathrooms exhausted to central building exhaust and heat recovery system.
- Kitchen and laundry exhausted to the exterior.
- Each suite contains a 170L (37.5 gallon) electric hot water tank with drain pan.
- The building is equipped with a groundwater geothermal system. The geothermal system consists of an open well system circulating water from the aquifer below site. This system works with the heat recovery system to reduce the costs of heating t he cooling for the life of the building.
- Floor tile at the main entry area and in elevators.
- Commercial grade carpet with carpet base.
- Mail boxes serviced by Canada Post at main entry.
- Fitness room with treadmill, stationary bike, weight bench, and dumbbells.
- Activity room with one 40" flat panel TV, couch, coffee table, and pool table in lounge area and kitchenette with cabinets, fridge, dishwasher, and microwave.
Suite Interior Finishes
- Contemporary white 4" baseboards and 2 X" casings with semi-gloss finish.
- Fire-rated flat panel painted suite entry doors.
- 5 panel painted doors within suite.
- Insulated metal clad balcony door(s) with full height insulated glass.
- Lever brushed chrome door hardware throughout.
- Privacy locks to master bedroom and all bathrooms.
- Ceilings painted with a flat finish.
- 9 foot floor to ceiling heights with dropped bulkheads.
- Interior walls painted with primer coat and one finish coat of Dulux Diamond 100% Acrylic paint in standard neutral colour. Paint upgrades available.
- Wire shelving in closets.
- Stacked laundry appliances included (washing machine and dryer).
- Carpet with underpad in bedrooms and walk-in closets with vinyl plank flooring elsewhere throughout suite.
- Flooring upgrades available.
- Flat panel melamine kitchen cabinets.
- Honeycomb quartz countertops with decorative finishes.
- Double-basin stainless steel sinks.
- Single -lever faucets with pull out spray.
- Provision for over-the-range microwave oven.
- Under cabinet lighting available as an upgrade.
- 4-piece stainless steel appliance package included (refrigerator, range, dishwasher, and over-the-range microwave).
- Flat panel melamine vanity cabinets with white vitreous china drop-in sink in full bathrooms or pedestal sink in half-bathrooms as per plans.
- Mirror above vanity cabinet.
- Single-lever faucets.
- White one piece acrylic bathtub/shower unit in main bathroom equipped with shower rod without curtain.
- White one piece acrylic shower stall in ensuite bathroom as per plans.
- Showers stalls equipped with sliding glass doors.
- Comprehensive fire alarm system includes full fire suppressing sprinkler system for all areas of the building.
- Early detection, hard wired, in-suite smoke and heat detectors.
- Emergency exit lighting and emergency stairways at each end of the building.
- Fire alarm horn and strobe lights at all bedrooms.
- Secure lobby with access controlled digital interphone.
- Closed circuit TV monitoring at building access points is available with Shaw Digital TV or MTS Ultimate TV.
- Closed circuit TV at building access points are loop recorded on security system.
- Deadbolt and peep hole at suite entrances.
- Wireless in-suite security systems available from various service providers.
National Home Warranty Program
Each condominium is enrolled for the National Home Warranty Program coverage. The National Home Warranty Program is recognized by CMHC and major lending institutions.